The Pros & Cons of Using Magento Scalable Software
Magento is designed to be flexible and scalable! Read this article and discover the pros and cons of using Magento scalable software!
If you are looking for a new ecommerce platform, you wouldn’t go too far before meeting Magento – one of the best ecommerce solutions on the market. Magento is a flexible, highly customizable, and feature-rich ecommerce solution. There are two versions – Magento Community and Magento Enterprise.
This platform is designed to be flexible and ultra scalable. The ecommerce experts think of it as a premier open-source ecommerce platforms. With Fortune 500 companies under Magento and over 125.000 websites, we cannot ignore the fact that Magento is popular. But, is it the right solution for you?
In this article, we will share the pros and cons of using Magento scalable software:
- Magento is a feature-rich platform. Both versions (the Community and the Enterprise version) boasts features that aren’t usually available in order solutions. For example, with Magento you can manage multiple stores at once, you can offer multi-currency and multi-language support for your buyers, and it is a mobile-friendly which means every single one of your customers can access your store via a mobile phone.
- The administration area of Magento is one of the most accessible and user-friendly ones. A simple back-end with an intuitive navigation, modern, and well-organized store management tools.
- There is a wide community of users and supporters who have already developed many plugins and extensions and can help you set up the store, update, modify or change something.
- The Magento’s flexible architecture allows you to customize everything so you can create your website however you like. Magento is an open-source solution which means you will have a full control over the code.
- Magento is designed to scale. It doesn’t matter whether you are selling 100 or 100.000 products, Magento can handle it.
- As with any other ecommerce solution, Magento has its own disadvantages. One of the first downsides is that good Magento developers are really hard to find. As you probably know, Magento is a large system (there are over 200 database tables and over 20.000 files) which means it takes an experienced developer with a proper background and skills to know what they are doing.
- The Enterprise version starts at $14.420 a year while the Premium Enterprise version starts at $4.990 a year. The price is expensive, however, if you are a large business with lots of products, and a stable revenue, the price shouldn’t be a huge problem.
- Magento can only be hosted on dedicated web servers. Also, the servers need to be run by providers who specialize in Magento web hosting only. This can be time-consuming and frustrating sometimes. If you decide to run Magento on a shared web hosting server, you will create a slow user experience for your visitors and potential buyers.
- The flexible architecture of Magento also makes things complex. In terms of customizations, it requires more time to make certain changes, usually, it takes more time for developers to get up the learning curve, compared with other solutions, like for example Shopify, that will allow your enterprise ecommerce to grow, adapt and evolve in a easier way. For more information on Shopify`s customization features, click here.
The enterprise-commerce is a business of high returns. Running this business could be of great benefits to you as you will reach millions of customers.
Are you an online entrepreneur who wants to start a successful enterprise e-commerce business? If yes, you need to look for ways to enhance customers’
Enterprise e-commerce is increasing at a rapid pace. Each day, entrepreneurs are coming up with this business. Hence, you need to look for ways to